The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#51 2021-01-10 03:08:46

JohnDragonMan
Website

Re: JohnDragonMan's Dispatch Camper Conversion

Been having a little bit of fun..

so i am pretty disappointed with how the lights preform.. high beam is pretty good but low beams are just bad.

so i bought some brand new headlights. not to fit to the van, but to modify.

so this happened..

20210107_205539.jpg

then this

20210107_203159.jpg

to give a end result something like this

IMG-20210108-WA0011.jpg
IMG-20210108-WA0012.jpg

and as i know someone out there in the future will want to also do this, i made a kinda how too video.

when i can, i will take the bumper off and fit the new lights. some wiring relay adaptors or modification is needed to run bi-xenon type lighting however.
just waiting on the wiring adaptors and the engine under tray.. do all the jobs in one go big_smile

till next time!

- JohnDragonMan
Notice: I have the tendency to void warranties, blow fuses, cause fires, and other fun stuff.
Words of wisdom: There's always user serviceable parts inside. Internally rust proof the sills! both skins!!. "Oh that shouldn't have happened".
My Crazy Mk2 2005 Dispatch Camper Project big_smile

#52 2021-01-14 03:14:12

unter

i have the same van, 7 years ago when i got it, i had plans to make it all cosy inside, not like a camper, but just a custom space, with a bed, power, storage, warm insulation, heater, etc,
but in the end i got annoyed with the bed wood and junk taking up space, it is always wet and cold in there in the winter no matter what, gas or heaters are not possible in a vehicle,
i tried to sleep in it a few times, really not good experience as it was winter, maybe in summer it would be enjoyable! but i woke up unusually thirsty for water,
its just not a good place to sleep, and if you do want to sleep in it, you still can, just avoid winter,
anyway, my van i like to keep like a builders van, pretty empty inside, no insulation, no useless fridges, ice cream machines, wheelchair seats or other gimmicks,
just a builders van. which can carry a bike easily and occasional whatever.

vano

#53 2021-01-14 20:23:25

OAT

Mine is like a builders van too.  But I can still live in it as comfortably as I have ever lived anywhere.  Even in winter.

Currently -3 and snow outside, 21 and cosy in here.

#54 2021-01-14 21:30:59

JohnDragonMan
Website

i must admit i am more so enjoying the "minimalistic build" i have right now. to the point where i think i am going to keep it like this. if i want anything i can just make it removeable. the insulation i think was the greatest thing i added to the van as it never "wet" inside, then the diesel heater which i pretty much use every day 40 mins before i set off for work. i currently have no bulkhead installed however i will be putting that back in now all the mounts and holes for the new speakers are done on it.

it did fail its Mot on the track rod ends..  the ones i replaced.. being loose. even though the nyloc nut is tightened up all the way they still move. tells me that the taper on the ball joints are a few mm too small. so it means i will have to try to find more..  the correct size.

to be fair i am kinda glad as its helped scrub down the horrific ditch finer tyres on the front. something i will be happy to change to something more...  premium.
i am going to swap the tyres around anyway so the ditch finders on the rear will be on the front. i would rather have better tyres on the rear anyway. i will get the thing tracked up after that as it does pull very slightly to the kerb.

wonder if i can convince my boss to work on it in one of his units... at least i will be in the dry! while i am doing all that i will finally get my headlights installed too...  and that engine under tray fitted which i am STILL waiting for. held up at the boarder.. sigh. i am really going to miss that free and open market.

anyhoo till next time!

- JohnDragonMan
Notice: I have the tendency to void warranties, blow fuses, cause fires, and other fun stuff.
Words of wisdom: There's always user serviceable parts inside. Internally rust proof the sills! both skins!!. "Oh that shouldn't have happened".

#55 2021-01-16 13:50:25

JohnDragonMan
Website

Well its done. the headlights are installed and look pretty good. i have done the work on the track rod ends and have new tyres on order. so now we will see how the Mot goes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKBM9S4Sayw

- JohnDragonMan

Board footer