The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-12-14 00:17:45

bonzpop

Expert Mk1 Anyone fitted fuel pump cutoff switch (cheap immobiliser)?

Something a mate said the other night: “just fit a switch and run a wire to the fuel pump, nobody’s going to know”.

Err, sounds great but how? Thinking if it’s easy, could hook up to a dummy A/C switch on the panel by hazard lights switch? Or a hidden rocker switch under the dash. ??

Any of you techie types got any tips? Happy to send a beer token by PayPal if you can advise!

Cheers ?

Last edited by bonzpop (2020-12-14 00:19:00)

#2 2020-12-14 01:28:35

vaz2121

Re: Expert Mk1 Anyone fitted fuel pump cutoff switch (cheap immobiliser)?

My twopence worth would be "It's easier to fit a switch to interrupt an ignition wire as it (will) may be difficult to get a wire through bulkhead to fit a switch for pump"

#3 2020-12-14 02:05:03

bonzpop

Sounds better that!

I’m not mechanically minded and electrics are totally alien to me.

So, if anyone has a “how to” for the above  (thanks vaz2121) tell me where to send that beer token. ??

#4 2020-12-16 19:18:38

OAT

This won't give specifics for your van but gives a good overall description of the job without assuming previous knowledge of electrics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUhXLsr … l=ChrisFix

Last edited by OAT (2020-12-16 19:19:18)

#5 2020-12-16 19:31:49

Casper

OAT wrote:

This won't give specifics for your van but gives a good overall description of the job without assuming previous knowledge of electrics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUhXLsr … l=ChrisFix

Or even cheaper with less parts. Find the wire that is live after the ignition is switched on. Once found cut it and extend the two ends to wherever you want the switch. Fit a ON/OFF rocker. If you think about it you can fit more than one and wire them to have say. Two up position, one down and one up before it starts.  Even cheaper again take out the fuel pump fuse or relay when you get out the van.

#6 2021-01-19 21:51:34

JohanWinas

What engine is it??

The 1.9TD has immobiliser built into the bosh pump. There is an antenna around the ignition lock, electronics in the pump to read the key code via rfid, if the right key is inserted the solenoid enables and allows fuel, if not there is no fuel, no matter what you do. If you have remote controlled central locking there is another level in the comfort control unit behind the glove box, if thats not in "unlocked" mode there is no fuel.

The 2.0HDI has similar function but its inside the ECU instead. Not as secure in my view as this exposes wires that can be manipulated.

Board footer