The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-07-13 12:29:48

kenbw2
Administrator

Found a nice spot up the North East coast

Nice sea views

2TwQIzW.jpg

Last edited by kenbw2 (2020-07-13 12:30:18)

2000 Citroen Dispatch 1.9TD XUD9 Camper Conversion
1999 Citroen Dispatch 1.9D DW8 Disassembled Camper Conversion
1996 Peugeot 806 1.9TD XUD9 Spare vehicle
1998 Citroen Synergie 1.9TD XUD9 Snapped timing belt

#2 2021-02-02 13:49:45

GRIFFIN

Re: Found a nice spot up the North East coast

Hi Ken,

So where is that then? I'm up in that neck of the woods, so can't be too far away.

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same

#3 2021-02-02 15:03:55

kenbw2
Administrator

Just north of Hartlepool: https://goo.gl/maps/noRu59qteuYvzP2t5

54°45'16.9"N 1°17'35.4"W

Bring levelling ramps!

#4 2021-02-03 00:06:43

Casper

Free vegetables over that fence

#5 2021-02-10 20:09:41

Tranzformer

Hi guys,

Can anyone link me that post where you can join on a list to meet up fpr future UK travel destinations.

I can't find it.

Cheers

#6 2021-04-05 23:13:12

Stu-D
Website

The thing is the way lockdown etc is going bud, eberyone and their granny is doing campervanning in some way shape or form, or expecting to.... so the quiet places I know I'm afraid I'm gonna keep to my self, as I'm sure will many others - Maybe we can get a private forum or something going for that, dunno if mods could do a subforum or something maybe? or may be too much work for them, but keep the places off social media and public forums! smile

#7 2021-04-05 23:28:32

Tranzformer

Keep us updated on the private/subforum bud. Looking forward to see beautiful UK places!

Cheers Stu-D

#8 2021-04-05 23:44:39

Stu-D
Website

Tranzformer wrote:

Keep us updated on the private/subforum bud. Looking forward to see beautiful UK places!

Cheers Stu-D

I work on the internet, I could host a forum.. but how to vet people, it;s better contained within this forum where you can see peoples input and then decide... do we let them in lol.

-Stu.

#9 2021-04-05 23:49:33

Stu-D
Website

Tranzformer wrote:

Cheers Stu-D

Actually a wee tip for you is research what were old military roads (1700's), if it's perth/highlands you are looking for wink Just don't share what you find on this public forum. (There is a way on to these roads but many look cut off, thats a different story for the prvate forum, if we have one lol).

Last edited by Stu-D (2021-04-05 23:52:01)

#10 2021-04-06 05:40:03

Tranzformer

I don't want it that remote where they can't find me if I go missing!  wink

But I understand your concern though. The news recently showed a spot in the lakes where a large group of people tresspassed onto a farmer's land (smashed through gate) and left a pile of waste, got moved on by the police - only to do it again nearby.

Blatant disregard for others. Rude, selfish vermin!

#11 2021-04-06 08:16:59

Casper

This year will be hell and the hot spots. Scotland, Lake district, Peaks and the likes as every man and there dog is building a self build camper just now. Sites like Wild Camping are promoting at least two spots in my area in there app. Neither has an area to empty the loo cassette and we get campers that are to small for a loo. Folk tend to stay more than one day and need to poop at some point. Been a few incidents and i can only see that rising. If i find a spot then fine ill camp and be quiet and keep it clean, if i cant then ill find a campsite. They will be busy also but at least you can pay a few quid to get water and empty your loo then be on your way. Not to be better than emptying it on some beach

#12 2021-04-06 10:06:37

Tranzformer

Gonna be carnage from the 12th I imagine.

#13 2021-04-06 17:18:59

tee_cee

Casper wrote:

This year will be hell and the hot spots. Scotland, Lake district, Peaks and the likes as every man and there dog is building a self build camper just now. Sites like Wild Camping are promoting at least two spots in my area in there app. Neither has an area to empty the loo cassette and we get campers that are to small for a loo. Folk tend to stay more than one day and need to poop at some point. Been a few incidents and i can only see that rising. If i find a spot then fine ill camp and be quiet and keep it clean, if i cant then ill find a campsite. They will be busy also but at least you can pay a few quid to get water and empty your loo then be on your way. Not to be better than emptying it on some beach

It's a problem that has been looming for a while. I think many people are sold on the idea of the open road and being able to park where you like. Even in countries where this has been seen as a right, are clamping down eg New Zealand have a self sufficiency certification to wild camp - with heavy fines if you park up and are not certified.
Campsites are going to jam packed with newbies who won't be able to behave. Camping and caravan club membership allows access to small sites on farms and the like, which may be a better alternaive.

#14 2021-04-06 17:22:34

Tranzformer

Now that it has been mention - 'loo cassette'... which ones should I purchase? Any advice will be good as I don't have a clue about them. I haven't go tto that stage yet as I am still doing my conversion.

Cheers folks.

#15 2021-04-06 20:18:55

Casper

Tranzformer wrote:

Now that it has been mention - 'loo cassette'... which ones should I purchase? Any advice will be good as I don't have a clue about them. I haven't go tto that stage yet as I am still doing my conversion.

Cheers folks.

For the sake of space you want a shovel. Porta loo rather than a fixed electric flush one. They come up now and then for around 50 quid at Aldi. Best keeping it in the awning when parked up if having one rather than poop in your dinning room.

#16 2021-04-06 20:21:33

Casper

tee_cee wrote:

It's a problem that has been looming for a while. I think many people are sold on the idea of the open road and being able to park where you like. Even in countries where this has been seen as a right, are clamping down eg New Zealand have a self sufficiency certification to wild camp - with heavy fines if you park up and are not certified.
Campsites are going to jam packed with newbies who won't be able to behave. Camping and caravan club membership allows access to small sites on farms and the like, which may be a better alternaive.

I am actually thinking along them lines. I dont like the idea of them but if it gets me a better nights kip then may be worth it. Also having a heavy and larger bus the RAC do a breakdown cover for CCC members with no weight, length or height restrictions. Arrival i think its called.

#17 2021-04-06 22:01:55

Tranzformer

Porta loo - Aldi.

Sounds good. Ta for the low down Casp.

#18 2021-04-06 22:43:15

Casper

Here. GoOutdoors has them also for little money

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/15908522/h … &gclsrc=ds

#19 2021-04-06 23:17:08

Tranzformer

Thanks for the link mate.

#20 2021-04-07 09:59:25

tee_cee

Casper wrote:
tee_cee wrote:

I am actually thinking along them lines. I dont like the idea of them but if it gets me a better nights kip then may be worth it. Also having a heavy and larger bus the RAC do a breakdown cover for CCC members with no weight, length or height restrictions. Arrival i think its called.

fyi Nationwide flex plus will cover up to  3.5 tonnes  7 metres in length, 2.3 metres in width, 3 metres in height
tbh the club sites are run like public schools, and in some cases the small (certified) sites don't have toilets.
Although the flush toilets look like a good idea, they take up a lot of space and the whole thing can feel a bit messy. If you you look at them ask yourself if you are really going to use them to the full extent. An alternative is get a portable urinal, and empty that into a small black container with a wide secure lid. This year we have bought a popup toilet tent, so maybe we will get to try the bog-in-a-bag that has yet to christened.

#21 2021-04-08 21:47:36

Casper

My bus is 4.2T. Got cover through my insurance and was assured i have no restrictions. Dont ask who with as i have not read the bumph yet due to it being a build in progress.

As for flushing loo i have no taking up space issues big_smile

20200922-162135.jpg

Just to keep in with the forum description you can see my dispatch out the back window   lol

#22 2021-04-08 22:37:01

kenbw2
Administrator

Casper, do I remember right you're sending your Dispatch off to new pastures? What's the plan?

Or should I call it, D SPATCH given that photo  tongue

#23 2021-04-08 23:14:51

Casper

kenbw2 wrote:

Casper, do I remember right you're sending your Dispatch off to new pastures? What's the plan?

Think the T went missing also. Either Ian Thompson stole them or some IT Geek. The Van will get sold on. Think it is MOT's till November so 500 quid. Will probably want sills looked at. May just be bubbling paint but given the age and my lack of cleaning its probably rust. I just need a larger van for work now and stupidly thought i could get one for around 2k. I can but they are ex builders vans or all down south and TBH im not sitting in a Train for half a day with a mask on. May hold back another month till i save some more coin.

#24 2021-04-09 00:38:49

vaz2121

Casper wrote:
kenbw2 wrote:

Think the T went missing also. Either Ian Thompson stole them or some IT Geek. The Van will get sold on. Think it is MOT's till November so 500 quid. Will probably want sills looked at. May just be bubbling paint but given the age and my lack of cleaning its probably rust. I just need a larger van for work now and stupidly thought i could get one for around 2k. I can but they are ex builders vans or all down south and TBH im not sitting in a Train for half a day with a mask on. May hold back another month till i save some more coin.

Covid seems to be responsible for accelerating a lot of things ...........
Not least the lack of new car sales and the prices of what's available second hand rising some what.........

All good if I sell my car but I've still to buy another.....

It'll be all finished and done and dusted before I've got enough for a change again........

#25 2021-04-09 07:07:16

Casper

vaz2121 wrote:

Covid seems to be responsible for accelerating a lot of things ...........
Not least the lack of new car sales and the prices of what's available second hand rising some what.........

All good if I sell my car but I've still to buy another.....

It'll be all finished and done and dusted before I've got enough for a change again........

Self builds and couriers are putting van priced up. Online shopping obviously has went through the roof hence most larger courier company's can be seen running around till 9pm now. Still at least next year there will be a lot of cheap campers up for sale. That will give the tree huggers at the HS2 line something to smile about in the winter months.

You are right, it will be done and dusted soon. Sooner the better. Every man and there dog in my area is now a Bradly Wiggins wanabe. Wait till the traffic starts up again i think there will be a lot of broken bones due to half them being complacent on the empty back roads round here. Taking the children out on 60 zones during the day is madness. Half the adults cant keep the bike in a straight line never mind the kids. Aye all them bikes will be back in the shed soon and never looked it again.
  We have a new estate what is full of incomers most from Edinburgh. They are up in arms as apparently its not safe for there children to cycle to school. Safe enough for the other two estates next to them for the past 20 odd years. Anyway they propose a cycle route that runs along the back of our houses. and the council is considering it.

Naw, i dont think so and neither does the rest of the street. Our living rooms are at the back and the light pollution, noise, litter, effect on the wildlife has not been considered bus most of all. Once this is over little Tarquin will be shoved in the Volvo 4X4 and raced to school as Mummy need to be back in the office in Edinburgh for 9:30. The path will never get used apart from the W/E underage drinkers.

Anyway. What were you saying about a nice spot up the North East big_smile

Board footer