The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-02-06 10:59:50

tee_cee

Electric heater

Here is a low power (500w) heater for very little money.
Glowmaster UK heater
Although there is a plug on it, it is fairly trivial to remove it and wire a cable instead. Since these are 90mm wide, these will fit sideways under my drivers seat.
Built in timer and thermostat, not bad for £7.50 delivered

#2 2021-02-07 01:52:40

JohnDragonMan
Website

Re: Electric heater

to be fair it would be a good size to have as a temperature maintainer. i have a 2kw diesel air heater in mine and that thing works well but i always have it on a really low setting.

at 500w you could run it from an inverter too.. all be it quite wasteful and it would nuke your battery right quick so really only good with the engine running. perfect if you have an electric hook up though!

- JohnDragonMan
Notice: I have the tendency to void warranties, blow fuses, cause fires, and other fun stuff.
Words of wisdom: Internally rust proof the sills! both skins!!. There's always user serviceable parts inside. "Oh that shouldn't have happened".
My Crazy Mk2 2005 Dispatch Camper Project big_smile

#3 2021-02-07 11:29:52

tee_cee

JohnDragonMan wrote:

to be fair it would be a good size to have as a temperature maintainer. i have a 2kw diesel air heater in mine and that thing works well but i always have it on a really low setting.

at 500w you could run it from an inverter too.. all be it quite wasteful and it would nuke your battery right quick so really only good with the engine running. perfect if you have an electric hook up though!

I normally use a portable 500w Pifco heater, but it would be nice to have something hard wired in, and these are so small that I can fit 2.
I'd love to have a diesel heater, but can't quite get past the 12V draw. Since we don't do many winter trips, I'll make do with one of those canister gas heaters (with the windows open!)

#4 2021-02-07 13:56:39

JohnDragonMan
Website

ahh you say that but i was out working on my van all day yesterday from about 9 till 6 or 7 ish.. i had the heater running full bore in that time. i had no problems starting the van to move it closer to the wall when it was going in time!
i only have the engine starting battery fitted at the moment too, though it is a AGM 115 size. (the biggest battery you can fit without moving the air box)

Last edited by JohnDragonMan (2021-02-07 16:21:23)

- JohnDragonMan
Notice: I have the tendency to void warranties, blow fuses, cause fires, and other fun stuff.
Words of wisdom: Internally rust proof the sills! both skins!!. There's always user serviceable parts inside. "Oh that shouldn't have happened".
My Crazy Mk2 2005 Dispatch Camper Project big_smile

Board footer