The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-02-16 16:52:36

ckcarpvan

Refitting suspension arm ball joint

Anyone shed any light on the best way to relocate the bottom ball joint? It appears to be fouling on the anti roll bar for some reason, never experienced anything like this on other vehicles i have worked on they usually just pop in.

Last edited by ckcarpvan (2021-02-16 16:53:24)

#2 2021-02-17 00:50:40

JohnDragonMan
Website

Re: Refitting suspension arm ball joint

honestly, i had a right nightmare with this too. i had the vehicle jacked up quite high on axle stands and used a 48 inch crow bar to hold the lower arm down out of the way, then pretty much sitting on that crow bar while i moved the anti roll bar linkages into place before  lifting my weight off the crow bar so it could all slot in together.

the leverage is your best friend here.

i replaced all lower suspension components on my van when i had the gearbox out to do the clutch. stiff bushes on the lower wishbones make it a damn nightmare to get it all together.

be careful you dont damage the ball joint rubber boot!!  its very easy to do.

- JohnDragonMan
Notice: I have the tendency to void warranties, blow fuses, cause fires, and other fun stuff.
Words of wisdom: Internally rust proof the sills and subframe! both skins!!. There's always user serviceable parts inside. "Oh that shouldn't have happened".
My 2005 Dispatch Camper Project big_smile

#3 2021-02-17 02:11:29

ckcarpvan

Re: Refitting suspension arm ball joint

Cheers for the reply will give that a go in a day or two, i work nights so daylight hours are a restricted commodity.

Board footer