The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-12-29 01:00:45

Zippypilot

Drivers Side Door Mirror Replacement

IMG_20201228_125808.jpegIMG_20201228_125239.jpegIMG_20201228_125216.jpegHi all, just a small post replacing the drivers side door mirror. It was utterly obliterated by a BMW 4x4 down a rather dark and narrow country lane (the shrapnel sounds down the side of the van were astonishing!) on my way to my workshop just be before Xmas, of course she/him didn't stop and I have some minor scratches to the left side of the van as I made friends with the hedge to avoid further fun.

Anyway, it is an easy thing to replace, obvious screws to the door panel/card (3 under the hand door pull cup, two to the right side of the panel and one to the left of the speaker grill and one just below the mirror control stick) all torx, 2 sizes. Remove the speaker grill and disconnect the speaker. The door latch handle is not part of removing the panel.

The mirror assembly is held on with 3 screws which are obvious. The Control stick is secured with a screw just under on the door panel above the panel fastening screw. BEWARE! Do not unscrew this too much, just a few turns as if you do, it's a bugger to get back in properly when you refit the new control stick. I had to take the panel off again and put the screw in part way)

On fitting the mirror assembly, the control stick is a little fiddly to get through the rubber grommet, so remove it first before fitting.

On a lighter not, the replacement mirror was just under £20 on eBay and I guess his/hers BMW part would reach the value of the van)

Oh, one more tip, make sure the orientation of the control stick is correct for the mirror operation and when fitting the rubber boot over it, put a screwdriver through the same hole as the securing screw one and lever up on the stick fitting as the boot takes some force to properly fit the stick and it can just push it down into the door panel.

Oh one more thing, the window winder just levers off, no screw to attach it (I re-orientated mine so the cup holder is not blocked with the window fully up and fully down)

Hope it helpsIMG_20201228_125255.jpegIMG_20201228_125326.jpeg

Last edited by Zippypilot (2020-12-31 04:01:18)

#2 2020-12-29 04:18:49

JohnDragonMan
Website

Re: Drivers Side Door Mirror Replacement

yes it is fun to get the adjuster joystick to thread through. ive replaced both of my mirrors even though they are still OK.. just a bit wobbly. for what they cost though big_smile

i used a good quality tape to stick the door damp proof membrane back together. mine had been inside before looks like someone needed to get to the door locks from inside.

- JohnDragonMan
Notice: I have the tendency to void warranties, blow fuses, cause fires, and other fun stuff.
Words of wisdom: Internally rust proof the sills and subframe! both skins!!. There's always user serviceable parts inside. "Oh that shouldn't have happened".
My 2005 Dispatch Camper Project big_smile

#3 2020-12-29 17:07:34

Casper

I remember that pain in the arse job from my last expert hence my present mirrors have silicon to stop them vibrating  big_smile

#4 2020-12-31 03:56:00

Zippypilot

Hi JohnDragonMan, yeah I am going to fit new door locks soon so the whole panel needs to come off again, duct tape?

Casper, Hi. Lover the silicon sealant idea, but honestly it's a cheep 15 min job.....well if you don't have to re take the panel off again as I did.

#5 2020-12-31 04:21:11

JohnDragonMan
Website

yes you'll have to take the door card off again.. its not that hard of a job though, unlike some modern stuff..  so many wires. yeah simple easy duct tape.

i recommend a speaker upgrade too..  you can however do that without removing the door cards.  6.5 inch speakers wink

- JohnDragonMan
Notice: I have the tendency to void warranties, blow fuses, cause fires, and other fun stuff.
Words of wisdom: Internally rust proof the sills and subframe! both skins!!. There's always user serviceable parts inside. "Oh that shouldn't have happened".
My 2005 Dispatch Camper Project big_smile

#6 2020-12-31 04:26:09

Zippypilot

JohnDragonMan, yep, guest I should have planned ahead for the door locks to do at the same time lol but didn't plan on having the mirror disintegrated by some kind driver. I have new speakers already fitted. I was wondering if at the same time as doing the locks is fit a remote locking actuator? not sure if they exist but would be nice to unlock both doors without having to reach over to the passenger side

#7 2020-12-31 13:33:53

Casper

Zippypilot wrote:

Casper, Hi. Lover the silicon sealant idea, but honestly it's a cheep 15 min job.....well if you don't have to re take the panel off again as I did.

Its a work van mate. Had i used it for a  camper i would be all over a new set of mirrors. When this van starts costing money it goes. As long as the engine and running gear is looked after then i am happy. Even the odd rust spot can stay as long as its not a MOT fail area. Hell i have not even washed it in over 12 month yikes

#8 2021-01-04 01:59:48

Zippypilot

Hahaha, yep, mine hasn't had a bath (apart from floods this winter) all year too.  Had to replace it as couldn't be arsed to glue back together the million pieces that kind driver left behind lol

#9 2021-02-24 12:29:38

msmith

Casper wrote:

I remember that pain in the arse job from my last expert hence my present mirrors have silicon to stop them vibrating  big_smile

Maybe an obvious question, but where did you put the silicone to stop the vibration on the mirror?

I don't want to glue it so it can't be adjusted!

Last edited by msmith (2021-02-24 13:39:38)

Board footer