The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-03-15 19:40:12

Dellboy
Member
Registered: 2021-02-22
Posts: 20

MOT PASSED the fun begins

So after aquiring the van that wouldnt start from a mate who didnt want to spend money on it it now starts and runs and passed its MOT .....

Had to do the glow plugs  replaced the fuel filter housing and sort the fast ideal  (the waxstat didnt work after doing the glow plugs and some lomkage on the pump was sticky  )

As you can see in the pics  the wheels are crap  so they are on the list at the same time as front discs and pads  . (next week weather permiting )

Inside the ashtray cover is broken  and the seats are filthy  but other than that its all good .

So the camper conversion begins   

list of bits to find are a 'car' rear headlining and maybe the panels  a osr light as its cracked (but legal)  an ashtray and maybe a towbar  and some wheel paint ...

Got a full rear bulkhead coming out if anyone needs one .. mini_camper-van.jpg

Offline

#2 2021-03-15 22:28:52

kenbw2
Member
From: Anywhere the van takes me
Registered: 2017-11-26
Posts: 756

Re: MOT PASSED the fun begins

Get some new wheels on that and it'll look very clean and tidy, great catch and congrats on bringing it back from an untimely death.

Wanna share a few deets? Age, engine etc?


2000 Citroen Dispatch 1.9TD XUD9 Camper Conversion + full time home
1999 Citroen Dispatch 1.9D DW8 Disassembled Camper Conversion
1996 Peugeot 806 1.9TD XUD9 Spare vehicle
1998 Citroen Synergie 1.9TD XUD9 Snapped timing belt

Offline

#3 2021-03-16 14:42:25

woodbine
Member
From: Bristol, UK
Registered: 2018-11-01
Posts: 163

Re: MOT PASSED the fun begins

kenbw2 wrote:

Wanna share a few deets? Age, engine etc?

Guessing it maybe HDi if the fuel filter housing is problematic, but only a guess. The one on my Scudo Jtd/HDi is a pain to re-seal after it's been apart for a new filter.

Smart looking van, Dellboy. Mine's a silver/grey Dynamic. Always thought that colour looks good on these. Luckily with the Dynamic you get full size hubcaps that completely cover the grotty wheels underneath. And after 17 years, amazingly it still has all 4 caps still on. Fronts getting a little chewed round the edges now though.

Last edited by woodbine (2021-03-16 14:45:31)


Fiat Scudo 2004 (54) 2.0 Jtd Dynamic Van

Offline

#4 2021-03-16 23:17:00

Dellboy
Member
Registered: 2021-02-22
Posts: 20

Re: MOT PASSED the fun begins

kenbw2 wrote:

Get some new wheels on that and it'll look very clean and tidy, great catch and congrats on bringing it back from an untimely death.

Wanna share a few deets? Age, engine etc?


53 plate 1.9 D  pure power 68bhp    wheels are a sticking point currently on 14inch so whats the way to go  ?

Offline

#5 2021-03-16 23:18:06

Dellboy
Member
Registered: 2021-02-22
Posts: 20

Re: MOT PASSED the fun begins

woodbine wrote:
kenbw2 wrote:

Wanna share a few deets? Age, engine etc?

Guessing it maybe HDi if the fuel filter housing is problematic, but only a guess. The one on my Scudo Jtd/HDi is a pain to re-seal after it's been apart for a new filter.

Smart looking van, Dellboy. Mine's a silver/grey Dynamic. Always thought that colour looks good on these. Luckily with the Dynamic you get full size hubcaps that completely cover the grotty wheels underneath. And after 17 years, amazingly it still has all 4 caps still on. Fronts getting a little chewed round the edges now though.



fuel filter was leaking out of the pump area

Offline

#6 2021-03-16 23:43:55

kenbw2
Member
From: Anywhere the van takes me
Registered: 2017-11-26
Posts: 756

Re: MOT PASSED the fun begins

Dellboy wrote:
kenbw2 wrote:

Get some new wheels on that and it'll look very clean and tidy, great catch and congrats on bringing it back from an untimely death.

Wanna share a few deets? Age, engine etc?


53 plate 1.9 D  pure power 68bhp    wheels are a sticking point currently on 14inch so whats the way to go  ?


Beast of an engine. You might even see 80mph! You can get steels and such, I've got 15" 806 alloys on mine, and I know some 16" Alfa alloys fit too

Didn't someone on here paint theirs?


2000 Citroen Dispatch 1.9TD XUD9 Camper Conversion + full time home
1999 Citroen Dispatch 1.9D DW8 Disassembled Camper Conversion
1996 Peugeot 806 1.9TD XUD9 Spare vehicle
1998 Citroen Synergie 1.9TD XUD9 Snapped timing belt

Offline

#7 2021-03-17 07:43:59

Ricko
Member
From: SW Lancs
Registered: 2017-01-18
Posts: 283

Re: MOT PASSED the fun begins

Cheap set of wheel covers will sort you out for now.
Give the seats a scrub and if they're still grubby then pop a set of covers over them.
I fitted a single piece rubber mat across the front floor and treated myself to a new gear stick gaiter.
A steering wheel rim cover, one that you stitch on, finished off my interior.


2004 Citroen Dispatch 2.0 Hdi

Offline

#8 2021-03-17 15:08:53

Dellboy
Member
Registered: 2021-02-22
Posts: 20

Re: MOT PASSED the fun begins

someone said mondeo wheels fit ??

Offline

#9 2021-03-17 19:31:10

Casper
Member
From: East Lothian
Registered: 2015-12-20
Posts: 1,824

Re: MOT PASSED the fun begins

kenbw2 wrote:

Beast of an engine. You might even see 80mph! You can get steels and such, I've got 15" 806 alloys on mine, and I know some 16" Alfa alloys fit too

Didn't someone on here paint theirs?

Check your handbrake is not stuck big_smile



90.jpg

Offline

#10 2021-03-18 14:15:01

woodbine
Member
From: Bristol, UK
Registered: 2018-11-01
Posts: 163

Re: MOT PASSED the fun begins

Really like the simplicity of my 04 Scudo. Looking at the picture of dash above reminded me. Borrowed an almost new Kia Proceed recently for trip from Bristol to Oswestry and back. Being petrol was nice smooth drive, but bloody complicated and cluttered with buttons, displays, switches, dials, more displays, bells, whistles, gongs going off all the time. What a nightmare. Nagged to put seatbelt on. Told me when to change gear. Must put foot on brake to start engine. Stupid leccy handbrake.

I never got to find out what 90% of the controls did, just used the vital ones. As for sat nav, I wouldn't have the foggiest. Was relieved to be back in the simple, uncomplicated van afterwards. Imagine when all that tech starts going wrong!      yikes

Last edited by woodbine (2021-03-18 14:16:12)


Fiat Scudo 2004 (54) 2.0 Jtd Dynamic Van

Offline

#11 2021-03-18 22:58:18

kenbw2
Member
From: Anywhere the van takes me
Registered: 2017-11-26
Posts: 756

Re: MOT PASSED the fun begins

Casper wrote:
kenbw2 wrote:

Beast of an engine. You might even see 80mph! You can get steels and such, I've got 15" 806 alloys on mine, and I know some 16" Alfa alloys fit too

Didn't someone on here paint theirs?

Check your handbrake is not stuck big_smile



https://i.postimg.cc/P55Df7nX/90.jpg


Awesome! How steep was the downhill you were on  big_smile

Took my DW8 (it was the earlier non-ECU one) to Germany on the Autobahn and let it rip, literally couldn't get past 80mph  roll

Need to take this 1.9TD, see what I can get

Last edited by kenbw2 (2021-03-18 22:58:58)


2000 Citroen Dispatch 1.9TD XUD9 Camper Conversion + full time home
1999 Citroen Dispatch 1.9D DW8 Disassembled Camper Conversion
1996 Peugeot 806 1.9TD XUD9 Spare vehicle
1998 Citroen Synergie 1.9TD XUD9 Snapped timing belt

Offline

#12 2021-03-18 23:21:03

Ricko
Member
From: SW Lancs
Registered: 2017-01-18
Posts: 283

Re: MOT PASSED the fun begins

All this talk of speed is alarming!!!
I never take the old girl above 65mph


2004 Citroen Dispatch 2.0 Hdi

Offline

#13 2021-03-18 23:28:38

Casper
Member
From: East Lothian
Registered: 2015-12-20
Posts: 1,824

Re: MOT PASSED the fun begins

kenbw2 wrote:

Awesome! How steep was the downhill you were on  big_smile

Took my DW8 (it was the earlier non-ECU one) to Germany on the Autobahn and let it rip, literally couldn't get past 80mph  roll

Need to take this 1.9TD, see what I can get

My old Expert was a DW8 and also got just under 90 out that. OK sat nav speed was probably 80/83 but its doable if you have time to build it up big_smile The picture was the flat BTW with no wind. I take away the plastic screwed in bung under the accelerator pedal and the cable set to start revving as soon as you touch the peddle at the pump adjuster.

Offline

#14 2021-03-18 23:29:46

OAT
Member
From: Borders/Dales
Registered: 2017-01-03
Posts: 613

Re: MOT PASSED the fun begins

Me neither.  But I rarely use motorways, or even A roads if possible to avoid.

Set the satnav from one place in the middle of nowhere to another in the back of beyond via the shortest route, and you get some interesting drives.

Have had mine still pulling well through 90, just to see.  Seemed so wrong though so I backed off.

Offline

#15 2021-03-18 23:40:56

Casper
Member
From: East Lothian
Registered: 2015-12-20
Posts: 1,824

Re: MOT PASSED the fun begins

OAT wrote:

Me neither.  But I rarely use motorways, or even A roads if possible to avoid.

Set the satnav from one place in the middle of nowhere to another in the back of beyond via the shortest route, and you get some interesting drives.

Have had mine still pulling well through 90, just to see.  Seemed so wrong though so I backed off.


Never again will i set my sat nav to shortest route. Was leaving South Wales and heading home to East Lothian. This was a day or two before first lockdown so keen to get home but little did i know when the battery dies on my sat nav the bloody thing sets back to default (Shortest route) This was taking me though the middle of Wales from south to north and i never noticed till about two hours in and started to question it myself. Pulled over and noticed why. Wales had a few roads shut due to flooding at the time so was also going mad at closed roads so decided to head east till i found the M6. Started to see signs for Wolverhampton  so knew i was now on the right track. That cockup ended up costing me a good four hours. I always prefer quickest route. I do enjoy driving but i would rather get there faster and enjoy my destination more than being stuck behind the wheel.

Offline

#16 2021-03-19 13:23:21

woodbine
Member
From: Bristol, UK
Registered: 2018-11-01
Posts: 163

Re: MOT PASSED the fun begins

Ricko wrote:

All this talk of speed is alarming!!!
I never take the old girl above 65mph

I'll do 70 on the motorway but that's it. The reason why my engine sounds as good as new is it gets new, quality oil and filter ever 5 or 6,000 miles, I'm very gentle with it when engine is cold and I never rev or race the engine. Well, tell a lie - it gets a rant when I drive it like I stole it just to blow out the crap immediately before the MOT. Always feel guilty because it feels like abuse, but it always works because the emissions always pass.


Fiat Scudo 2004 (54) 2.0 Jtd Dynamic Van

Offline

#17 2021-03-19 15:56:23

kenbw2
Member
From: Anywhere the van takes me
Registered: 2017-11-26
Posts: 756

Re: MOT PASSED the fun begins

I'm much more a fan of economy so I'm perfectly happy sat behind a truck at 56mph on the motorway. Just there's those times I do appreciate being able to actually accelerate up hills  yikes


2000 Citroen Dispatch 1.9TD XUD9 Camper Conversion + full time home
1999 Citroen Dispatch 1.9D DW8 Disassembled Camper Conversion
1996 Peugeot 806 1.9TD XUD9 Spare vehicle
1998 Citroen Synergie 1.9TD XUD9 Snapped timing belt

Offline

#18 2021-03-21 03:43:13

vaz2121
Member
From: Glasgow Living:~ SW. Scotland
Registered: 2015-08-31
Posts: 1,103

Re: MOT PASSED the fun begins

kenbw2 wrote:

I'm much more a fan of economy so I'm perfectly happy sat behind a truck at 56mph on the motorway. Just there's those times I do appreciate being able to actually accelerate up hills  yikes

I'm also an economy fan and although having been that marker in a lorry at 56 mph.....
If I find one doing 56 mph I'll on occasion sit behind and slipstream I think is terminology............

On more than one occasion I've been caught out by an Irish man {Not all it's just an obsevation} driving his lorry at over 60 mph so I suspect speed limiter disconected {Been acusted of pulling the fuse myself back in the day [wasn't mine or my fuel]}

Offline

Board footer