The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-03-23 19:36:12

OAT

Battery Electrolyte - Where to buy?

After a spill of one of my leisure batteries I have been trying to find some electrolyte to top it up.

It not being urgent I have just been asking at any motor factors as I passed.  They just try to sell me some distilled water or battery restoring tablets!

The last two though said it was no longer marketed, one even saying it was "illegal"!  Is that so?  Collared an AA man today and he. mid thirties age, said he had never topped up a battery in his career.  low electrolyte means a new battery.

I can understand there being a lot less demand due to so called sealed batteries, but there are still times when even these can spill.

Available via ebay but only with ridiculous postage from USA.

Any suggestions?

#2 2021-03-23 20:03:20

JohnDragonMan
Website

Re: Battery Electrolyte - Where to buy?

if i have ever done it, ive just nicked it out of other batteries..  head down to a local family owned scrap yard and tell them your issue... they will probiblaly let you have it or sell you a small battery you can drain
wink

- JohnDragonMan
Notice: I have the tendency to void warranties, blow fuses, cause fires, and other fun stuff.
Words of wisdom: Internally rust proof the sills! both skins!!. There's always user serviceable parts inside. "Oh that shouldn't have happened".
My Crazy Mk2 2005 Dispatch Camper Project big_smile

#3 2021-03-27 01:19:56

GRIFFIN

I usually have some but think I used it all up recently, along with some bat aid tablets, trying to revive a battery. Unfortunately it didn't work though, so I could syringe some back out for you or alternatively I have an account with my local motor factors and could get you a price for a litre of the good stuff?

I don't think it is available to the general public anymore, perhaps it's too dangerous?

I think my settings on here allow for you to e-mail me direct.

Cheers, Griff.

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same

#4 2021-03-27 21:15:37

OAT

Thanks Griff but please don't go to the trouble. 

I will find an old battery to drain.

#5 2021-03-29 11:03:43

vaz2121

I didn't know it was so hard to come by or illegal to sell to joe public .........
Is this in case you burn a hole in your sweater/denims ............
Yet again  it's like people supersizing their Mc D's and then suing them because they got fat after eating it and doing FU ** all but sit ..........
People need to take responsibility for their actions ........
But I supose I'm also to blame in some way along with my EX............
That my kids are now well into their 20's or 30's never had the freedom of roaming we did as kids .........

Almost news reporting as fast as it's happening gives us a knee jerk reaction but we can still take responsibility ..............

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I was told years ago by an a American ...........
That a Guy had successfully sued the dealership for selling him a motorhome that was faulty as it didn't do what was meant to ...........
Because Cruise control means it drives along itself .........

So he set the Cruise Control and then decided to go make a coffee .......
It Obviously Crashed as Nobody was steering.........

But he was successful because of wordings used .......

Board footer