The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-03-12 00:28:30

Zippypilot

Head Lamps - anything brighter to fit?

Hi all, was pondering about the head lamps on my 2002 2.0 HDI They seem a bit dim compared with todays cars/vans etc and driving through this winter was looking into an abyss down some of the roads I use to get to my farm workshop.

I was looking at the facelift ones and wondered if anyone has ever tried to fit them to a mark 1 or if they are brighter.

Short of an easy fix like that, is there any bulbs or replacements that give a better beam length and width (but legal of course)

Other option I was thinking of is fitting driving lights for the main beam selection. some seem rather cheap in Halfords.

I do a lot of country lane driving and would like a bit more light in front of me in the dark mornings/evenings.

Last edited by Zippypilot (2021-03-12 00:29:36)

#2 2021-03-12 04:38:12

JohnDragonMan
Website

Re: Head Lamps - anything brighter to fit?

the most easy option is to just fit a light bar somewhere.. but im not going to talk you into that..

what you could do is go bi-xenon projector lens. if you dont mind taking your front bumper off and sticking headlights into the oven that is.
results are... enlightening.

https://dispatchexpertscudo.org.uk/foru … d=1072&p=3

i can literally say the difference is night and day, even with standard 55w H1 bulbs.
to do this though you will need to buy or make a wiring harnes... i did write out a kinda how too somewhere on here...
here:

https://dispatchexpertscudo.org.uk/foru … 9241#p9241

enjoy wink

- JohnDragonMan
Notice: I have the tendency to void warranties, blow fuses, cause fires, and other fun stuff.
Words of wisdom: Internally rust proof the sills and subframe! both skins!!. There's always user serviceable parts inside. "Oh that shouldn't have happened".
My 2005 Dispatch Camper Project big_smile

#3 2021-03-12 04:40:08

vaz2121

John Dragonman fitted some projector lights into his van to improve his light output ...........
I'm sure he posted about it on here ...........

I put some higher wattage bulbs and a led light bar on mine and if anything it's the main beam that I see the major change in

#4 2021-03-12 04:43:23

JohnDragonMan
Website

vaz2121 wrote:

John Dragonman fitted some projector lights into his van to improve his light output ...........
I'm sure he posted about it on here ...........

almost 4AM in the morning..  whats the chances of recommending my antics as i reply to this thread hahaha

- JohnDragonMan
Notice: I have the tendency to void warranties, blow fuses, cause fires, and other fun stuff.
Words of wisdom: Internally rust proof the sills and subframe! both skins!!. There's always user serviceable parts inside. "Oh that shouldn't have happened".

#5 2021-03-12 07:30:04

Ricko

I always thought that the headlights were ok, but I found some old round halogen spotlights in the garage and fitted them!
mini_20190825_115239.jpeg

2004 Citroen Dispatch 2.0 Hdi

#6 2021-03-12 13:33:00

vaz2121

Ricko wrote:

I always thought that the headlights were ok, but I found some old round halogen spotlights in the garage and fitted them!

It's all subjective to the individual ..........
[I remember a particular vehicle and thought the lights were like a candle in a Guinness bottle ............But the driver thought they were just fine......... Obviously ate more Carrots]

We 3 have the face lift version and a question within was do our headlights fit ...........
Short answer is "looks like it" .....but probably not without some mods ........ I really don't know ...........

But facelift front panels do and from what I gather you can mix a match appropriate bumpers and panels ETC off the eurovans too for that individual looking Van..........

Many moons ago in the 80's we [a long time friend and I] stuck an Avenger front end on a sunbeam or was it the other way round.......
Also in the 90's stuck a Senator front end on a Carlton Estate and Called it an Omegator [He got that inspiration from somewhere] ..........
Both cars got a sore face and those were the easiest sourced second hand parts available at the time.......
Both were fairly easy bolt on  .......some welding rquired .......

#7 2021-03-12 20:57:21

Zippypilot

Wow guys!! Super impressed with the modified new units with the projector lenses. Nice vid too DragonMan. May see if I am good enough to try this..... definitely one option to think about. (by the way that is one cool looking mod)

Ricko, yeah this was my first thought, just sticking on some spots, the halfords ones were really nasty and then got thinking about keeping the front 'tidy' as it were.

Yes Vaz, I was kinda hoping the facelift ones fit my MK1 may find a cheap one on ebay to mess around with, and certainly thought about retro fitting the front end with the newer bumper etc.

All fantastic replies, thanks... now for some bonnet up thinking and a bit of research into parts and mods....

Heads buzzing now

Last edited by Zippypilot (2021-03-12 21:20:12)

#8 2021-04-05 22:56:16

Stu-D
Website

I run phillips racing vision bulbs in my van, made a big difference and not blinding people like bodged/illegal HID does.

Edit: I'm sure the requirement is they need to be self levelling and have a cleaning mechanism, I know alot of MOT places will let it go but the traffics/vosa won't if you're bilnding them and/or have an accident because you've blinded the folk coming towards you.

Nearly every car with bodged HID gets a full on make sure they seen it w4nker hand gesture, especially if they have needlessly blinded me! :-P

Last edited by Stu-D (2021-04-05 23:09:37)

#9 2021-04-05 23:46:56

JohnDragonMan
Website

my old panda 4x4 has over 1kw worth of light output.. when i get Hid blinders come at me, i usually give them my all.

2015-12-22_15_41_51.jpg

- JohnDragonMan

#10 2021-04-05 23:54:00

Stu-D
Website

JohnDragonMan wrote:

my old panda 4x4 has over 1kw worth of light output.. when i get Hid blinders come at me, i usually give them my all.

https://www.fiatforum.com/gallery/data/3557/medium/2015-12-22_15_41_51.jpg

Hahah, I'm so tempted to get one of those 6k 3000 lumen light bars eh, I have full protectec no claims, have this ya barsteward! tongue lol

Board footer