The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-05-05 22:52:44

Eileen2006

Coolant leak on DW8B

This one is driving me nuts mad and I can't believe I'm the only one that's ever had this trouble, but I can't find any posts mentioning it on here....probably me not using the right search terms.
Anyway, I had to replace the bottom hose on the Expert and sourced a good quality Gates item. Ever since fitting this though, I've been plagued by leaks from the joint where the hose fits into the bottom of the rad. I've no idea why this joint couldn't use a good ol' fashioned type connection with a hose clip like elsewhere but obviously it doesn't. Recently the leak has got far worse to the point where I have to top up the expansion tank every time I use the vehicle. A couple of months ago I tried sealing the joint with blue hylomar....big mistake! That made the leak far worse! The last time I attempted a fix, I removed both the rad and the bottom hose to examine the mating faces at close quarters and clean off the hylomar residue - no issues found. I presume the leak is due to the rubber O ring type seal, not an O ring I know but similarish, not sealing properly. On reassembly, I applied some sanitary silicone sealant to the joint and it was perfect for a fortnight but has now started leaking again.

Where next? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. The gal needs plenty of other jobs doing but this nightmare keeps demanding attention.

Peugeot Expert 1.9D 2006 wheelchair conversion

#2 2021-05-06 00:15:31

Stu-D
Website

Re: Coolant leak on DW8B

try some loctite 5660 plastered round it and then shoved in to place, needs left overnight tho. smile - I recently mixed that with some granville red high temp sealant as a bodge for a diesel tank outlet, it's working fine surprusingly, no leaks lol. smile

Edit: I use the 5660 for boost hose leaks on old VW's as most of them have silly wee wings that keep the pipe i plac e with a clip that slips/springs over the pipe, crap design... I find plaster with some 5660... it's hard to even pull the pipe off with no clip after it has cured lol.

Last edited by Stu-D (2021-05-06 00:19:01)

#3 2021-05-06 10:56:18

Eileen2006

Re: Coolant leak on DW8B

Stu-D wrote:

try some loctite 5660 plastered round it and then shoved in to place, needs left overnight tho. smile - I recently mixed that with some granville red high temp sealant as a bodge for a diesel tank outlet, it's working fine surprusingly, no leaks lol. smile

Edit: I use the 5660 for boost hose leaks on old VW's as most of them have silly wee wings that keep the pipe i plac e with a clip that slips/springs over the pipe, crap design... I find plaster with some 5660... it's hard to even pull the pipe off with no clip after it has cured lol.

Thanks Stu-D. Deffo worth a try....... Will keep you posted.

David

Peugeot Expert 1.9D 2006 wheelchair conversion

Board footer