The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-05-22 23:35:11

ukheman

Citroen Dispatch 2011 sliding door wont lock

Hi Folk

I have a 2011 Citroen Dispatch and the passenger side sliding door lock no longer engages?

I dont have any warning lights on the dashboard even when Im driving and the door seems to close ok..

But when I try and lock the vehicle this door wont lock.. the rest are OK !...

I can go inside the van and use the pull handle to open the door and the outside handle also seems fine..

any pointers?

Thanks inadvance.

#2 2021-05-22 23:55:33

Casper

Re: Citroen Dispatch 2011 sliding door wont lock

Central locking? Take door card off and the wires where the meet the lock or central locking motor you have daft little clips that hold the wire in place. Good chance one or more have either fell off or snapped.

#3 2021-05-23 10:05:03

ukheman

ok will try...

I managed to insert a screwdriver into the lock mechanism where the striker meets and closed the latch in the lock position with the door open.. but now the latch wont release open when I try and unlock the doors via key or central locking.. so now that door doesn't close .. OMG..

did the same to other side..

removed both strikers then closed both doors and unlocked again.. driver's side sliding door mechanism latch unlocked but not the passengers side..

my van is fitted with dead locks which was installed before I purchased it and the doors have never had an issue...

is there a way to manually open the door latch on the passenger side so at least I can close it properly..

#4 2021-05-23 15:46:28

ukheman

OK after a bit of digging this afternoon I have figured out the pins on the contact switch are all pushed in all the springs had come loose inside the inner door panel.

I managed to remove this connector and reseat all the pins but as soon as I insert the connector back into the hole ... the back part of the connector snaps open releasing all the springs again.. I have tried this a few times..  the connector looks like when I reseat everything and the pins pop in and out freely..the connector looks like its seated correctly and clicks into place.. but as soon as insert it back into the door and or close the door the connector pops open again..

any pointers, please..

#5 2021-05-23 16:04:58

OAT

Don't know much about the central locking system on these vehicles as mine is manual.

If it turns out that the contact block is knackered, I have access to a van destined for scrap that I can get such small bits of if you need a replacement.

#6 2021-05-23 17:02:29

ukheman

Well one of the springs decided to shoot off into the 9th dimension when I was fitting it all back together for like 50th time no idea where it has gone to.. I can't say the block connector is knackered..

but definitely, when I plug back in the block connector inside the door panel it twists this connector switch popping it open... seems like the door must have had previous body damage and the sliding door is pushed in from the outside making is a very tight fit..

unless I'm wrong here I don't think the block connectors are different NS or OS as been looking at pictures was kindof hoping they were and someone previously had bought the wrong side ...

ill upload the image of the passenger side door contact switch that I need .. again its off a 2011 dispatch...

20210523_165129.jpeg20210523_165121.jpeg

Board footer