The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-05-26 11:46:57

Nwardy22

Possible electric fault

Hi all..
I have a 2008 dispatch, over the last few months I've had a few problems. Anti pollution flashs up now and then, wipers only go slow, lights come on, on there own and window only work now and then.  However the other day I was out in it and it was driving fine no problems. Next min it just cut out with no warning and now it won't even turn over. I can turn key and get the click from relay but nothing. I've even tried bump starting it and still nothing.  Rac have put it down to electrical fault but wasn't willing to investige any further. Any ideas where to start or possible fixes..

Thanks.

#2 2021-05-26 15:20:59

Casper

Re: Possible electric fault

My first post of call would be looking at bad earth after having other electrical issues. Take earth strap off battery and clean also other end where it meets the body. Rub back any rust/paint to get a good metal to metal interface. You also have a 2nd strap under the van somewhere. Could be engine to chassis or starter to engine, clean both ends also.

#3 2021-05-26 15:30:06

Nwardy22

Thanks casper. I'll give that a go next week when I get some free time and let you know  ?

#4 2021-05-27 08:22:02

vaz2121

I agree with Casper ... I had for about 6 months A 307 HDI and it gave me what felt like No end of grief until in end and after a few quid gave up and sold it when it was in bits ..........
I learned that keep  good power supply [Battery up to snuff] and rust free earths .........
It's not the be all and end all but with power levels dropping or lower than expected the car can start and do some really odd things that appear to be WTF out of the ordinary ............

I went backwards and bought a 306 non turbo diesel [overall far superior car IMHO] still have it [Although it's on retirment duty] .............
As far as I'm led to believe the 307 was scrapped about 3 years after with only 100,000 on it............

#5 2021-05-27 10:16:59

Nwardy22

Yeah I think I may ordera new battery also as previous owner changed battery and I'm no convinced it the right one as the cove don't fit. Fingers crossed, I'll change battery and earth's and it will solve issues. Thanks

#6 2021-05-28 09:49:11

vaz2121

Nwardy22 wrote:

Yeah I think I may ordera new battery also as previous owner changed battery and I'm no convinced it the right one as the cove don't fit. Fingers crossed, I'll change battery and earth's and it will solve issues. Thanks

If your unsure of battery size/power put you reg into a search engine that's at the like of "Carparts4less" and it should give you the battery size required.......
My older Van than yours had apparently a choice of two sizes a small and larger it was the smaller of the two that was fitted it looked to have been changed and was fubbard .........
So I took the number of the Larger size [096] and got one on eBlag that worked out cheaper than even with Carparts4less discounts ,But the Battery arrived with dangerous low charge in it IMHO.......
But after charging and fitting appears to be doing the Job just fine .............
And that must be pushing 6 months..........

#7 2021-07-02 17:00:14

Nwardy22

So after a long delay. Earth leads have been removed cleaned and anker points also cleaned up, new battery fitted and still nothing. Just a click of a relay when turning key. Thanks for your help guys but think next stop is to get done over by a garage.

#8 2021-07-03 12:03:32

Anchor1979
Website

Have you plugged it into a diagnostic machine?

Had a starting issue with my 2009 expert, which in the end turned out to be the BSI unit in the engine bY. Diagnostic picked up several electrical faults which all disappeared once the BSI was changed.

#9 2021-07-03 12:17:30

Nwardy22

Hi. My mate had a code reader but for some strange reason I couldn't pull anything up as reader just kept coming up error. I have a guy coming out next week to have a look and then I'll see if its worth repair or scrap. Cheers. Just out of interest what kinda cost is bsi unit?

#10 2021-07-03 12:49:07

Anchor1979
Website

I got mine from the dealer, as I didn't want to risk the same issue with a second had unit. Mine looked like it had some water ingress which may have caused the damage.

There is a few different versions as well unfortunately. I paid around £250 ish for it and was a simple enough job to swap over. You can pick them up from ebay for not a lot I think.

Hope you manage to get it sorted.

Board footer