The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-05-31 14:50:16

Ricko

Dumf. & Gall. (again)

Quick report of my road trip.
Left SW Lancashire on Friday evening and drove north up to Scotland, stopped off fir a burger in Gretna and carried on coastal road through Annan, Cummertrees etc.
The free site at Caerlaverock was busy so I pulled in between there and Glencaple on some hard standing overlooking the R.Nith
Next day, in to Dumfries and picked up a few supplies, then out via New Abbey for a loo stop. Carrying on past Rockcliffe etc, stopping off in Palnackie to stretch my legs. Took a detour via the tank training grounds then I avoided Kirkcudbright because it looked busy. Took the Borgue road for a change then back on the busy road past Gatehouse, Creetown etc. Swung down towards Wigtown, pulled in at the old harbour fir a snooze and my tea. Carried on to Isle of Whithorn, busy there but parked near the car park overlooking the harbour.
Next day, round the coast Monreith, Port William etc to Glenluce. Crossed over towards Newton Stewart then through the forest on the Raiders Road. I was going to climb Cairnsmore of Fleet but declined, bit late on the day and still a bit too hot.
Carried on on the return leg, stopped at the car park in Caerlaverock to make tea then onwards to park outside Longtown for the night.
Good run home, called in to see a friend near Carnforth, avoided any serious traffic.

Loads of places to stay overnight, lots to see, ideal for a long weekend.

Photos to follow...

2004 Citroen Dispatch 2.0 Hdi

#2 2021-05-31 14:53:08

Ricko

Re: Dumf. & Gall. (again)

mini_Screenshot_20210531-143542_Gallery.jpegmini_Screenshot_20210531-143626_Gallery.jpegmini_Screenshot_20210531-143648_Gallery.jpeg

2004 Citroen Dispatch 2.0 Hdi

Board footer