The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-01-16 14:26:45

Ricko

Anti freeze??

Hi, what colour anti freeze should I be using in my 2.0hdi?
Cheers

2004 Citroen Dispatch 2.0 Hdi

#2 2021-01-16 17:27:08

kenbw2
Administrator

Re: Anti freeze??

I used red in mine, but I've also been given blue. These were for the 1.9s, but I imagine it makes no difference as long as you don't mix them

I'll let someone who knows what they're talking about weigh in though

2000 Citroen Dispatch 1.9TD XUD9 Camper Conversion
1999 Citroen Dispatch 1.9D DW8 Disassembled Camper Conversion
1996 Peugeot 806 1.9TD XUD9 Spare vehicle
1998 Citroen Synergie 1.9TD XUD9 Snapped timing belt

#3 2021-01-16 21:39:18

JohnDragonMan
Website

colour means nothing when it comes to anti-freeze in modern times. you need to go on the chemistry/ingredients used. our vans (XUD, DW8, DW10) use a coolant called "OAT" (Organic Acid Technology). i have seen this available in mostly red, however i have seen it clear, blue, and green!

a thing that is not well known about coolants is that pretty much any engine will take any coolant. the issues only occur when coolants of different kinds are mixed. so flushing old coolant out if you are not sure what your engine had previously is an absolute must. very old vehicles may use rubber hoses that are only suitable with certain kinds of coolants.
OAT coolant sometimes gets referred to as "LLC" which means/stands for long life coolant, as it has a use life of 5 years. though it is often never changed for many years with some vehicles. the only issue with old coolant is the corrosion inhibitor breaks down and you end up with a coolant that helps rust up the engine rather than helps keep it clean. back in the day this was a long life coolant however there's other types of coolant that is capable of lasting 10 years now days often claiming to "last the life of the car".

myself, i always try to go for colourless coolant because if you get a head gasket fail or a cylinder head crack you can see it before seeing it anywhere else, helps catching a fault before it becomes a big money to repair fault.

hope this helps!

Last edited by JohnDragonMan (2021-01-16 21:43:08)

- JohnDragonMan
Notice: I have the tendency to void warranties, blow fuses, cause fires, and other fun stuff.
Words of wisdom: Internally rust proof the sills and subframe! both skins!!. There's always user serviceable parts inside. "Oh that shouldn't have happened".
My 2005 Dispatch Camper Project big_smile

#4 2021-01-16 23:08:40

Casper

Mine came with red (OAT) what is nice as the Convoy has a 2.4 Transit Duratorq in it what must only be red OAT for some reason so i can just buy bulk and never run out

Board footer