The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-09-18 11:48:22

GRIFFIN

My Blue Scudo hit the self destruct button :(

Just a few weeks ago, I was doing about 65mph on my way from Durham to Lincolnshire and got as far as Leeming Bar on the A1M. All of a sudden there was a bang and a clanking noise accompanied by voluminous clouds of grey smoke as my engine oil hit the hot exhaust (rather like a formula 1 car expiring but slower, much slower). At first I thought I must have run over something that had come up and smashed the sump, as there was a hole big enough to fit your head.

They had to close off the inside lane while they cleaned up the oil and I waited for the recovery truck to arrive.

After I was recovered home by the AA and had it checked out by a mechanic friend of mine, I was informed that the crankshaft had broken. After a good deal of deliberation I decided to replace it and subsequently got myself a Citroen Dispatch as a replacement.

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same

#2 2019-09-18 17:16:08

Tiree
Administrator

Re: My Blue Scudo hit the self destruct button :(

Ooh man that sounds scary.

Sorry to hear of the demise of the blue Scudo.

Welcome to the Dispatch club though! Got a pic?

2006 Citroen Dispatch 2.0HDi bought in July 2013 - Partial camper conversion ........

DSC_0360-1.jpg

#3 2019-10-09 23:12:49

Stu-D
Website

Wow, sorry to hear this bud... did a driveshaft let go or something? sounds quite catastrophic?!

#4 2019-10-16 12:53:46

GRIFFIN

No, it was the crank by all accounts something or things came out through the sump, along with all of the oil. Hahahaha, what a mess. However you may be surprised to know that the engine does still run, a little lumpy but it does still run. I am using it as a donor for odd bits and pieces for my dispatch though. Rear headliner, light cluster, etc, etc.

Last edited by GRIFFIN (2019-10-16 12:54:08)

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same

Board footer