The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-02-10 17:16:16

tee_cee

Green Cards

feck that

"Thank you for contacting us, unfortunately green cards are issued on a trip by trip basis.
If you would like a green card issued you would just need to contact us a minimum of 2 weeks prior to your trip with the following information:
Exact leave and return travel dates
List of all countries you would be visiting
If you will be towing anything
If any named drivers would also be driving the vehicle.
We would then contact our insurer to request the green card and get this issued to you."

#2 2021-02-10 18:56:40

Casper

Re: Green Cards

Dont you know when you will be coming back as for what country's i tend to plan a trip before hand but also have scope to change things a tad depending on weather and the likes. As for list of country's Just add a few close to whatever border you are close to. If you dont go then so be it.

Cant see a problem TBH

#3 2021-02-10 21:56:44

tee_cee

Horses for courses I guess.
We are used to booking the day before
and not coming back until we have had enough. On the road it takes very little for us to completely change our plans. I just know that the insurance companys automatically issue these for the whole year if you are in N Ireland.

#4 2021-02-10 22:20:41

Casper

tee_cee wrote:

Horses for courses I guess.
We are used to booking the day before
and not coming back until we have had enough. On the road it takes very little for us to completely change our plans. I just know that the insurance companys automatically issue these for the whole year if you are in N Ireland.

Tell them you are away for the 90 days. I doubt there is any issue with coming back early. Just looked at my insurance web site and all its saying is phone them two weeks before departure. Not that we are going away this year but its something to look into for sure. There was talk if another card you buy what gives you the right to roam and this was to eliminate the need for green cards. Not just for use but the West also who are not in the EU. Either changed there mind of the Green card is just for a year or two till its sorted out. Who knows

#5 2021-02-11 10:39:37

tee_cee

It's a motorhome policy with 180 days coverage in the EU, so you would have thought that they would be a bit more flexible. I don't think it costs them anything to issue the piece of paper other than the admin. So I think they are only doing this so that they can charge by the day/country/drivers at some stage in the future. Some companies like NFU just write it on the back of the certificate!

#6 2021-02-11 18:04:28

vaz2121

tee_cee wrote:

It's a motorhome policy with 180 days coverage in the EU, so you would have thought that they would be a bit more flexible. I don't think it costs them anything to issue the piece of paper other than the admin. So I think they are only doing this so that they can charge by the day/country/drivers at some stage in the future. Some companies like NFU just write it on the back of the certificate!

My policy is also a Motorhome one and last time I renewed as always made sure it was Fully Comp in EU the same as here as I've had in past admittedly with bike where you make all declarations and in my case at renewal time removed all modifications declared from policy and EU cover was minimum requirement for that country visited needless to say they didn't continue to get my business ...........
Also in times past the further south for instance I traveled in Italy with truck the more expensive my insurance became and had to declare destination on virtually every trip...................
Ireland was once a NO NO but became easier with time.............
On last renewal  {Aug/Sept} for Van on making sure of EU cover level ETC I was reminded that if we were to travel to Spain to visit Partners Father especially In December and although wasn't a requirement to inform the insurance company (I allways did tell them expected duration) that this time it would be a good idea to notify them so they could issue a green card just in case things changed (I assumed it was our plans he was talking about) But as for the majority of us it wasn't neccessary ...............

It could have proven an issue if green card was country/time Based as one one trip on a whim we ended up doing 7 countries in total [5 on way home] over 35/36 days instead of our usual 20/21 days

With insurance [With anything] "Don't assume" make them tell you what's covered...........
As sure as SH** they'll try to wriggle free .............

#7 2021-02-13 10:38:44

tee_cee

Well after getting no further with the broker, today I get green card directly from the insurance company (Ageas) AND it's valid for the whole year!
The letter is dated before I contacted the broker, so it looks like it's automatic.

#8 2021-07-02 08:37:57

tee_cee

News today is that green cards no longer needed by the end of the month.

#9 2021-07-02 13:50:59

vaz2121

tee_cee wrote:

News today is that green cards no longer needed by the end of the month.

That is somewhat good news..........
I'm still of the opinion of what was the Status Quo

We have planned many a trip over last 2 or 3 years and failed at most {especially the longer out of UK ones} ........
Currently we have decided on something like our usual Spannish trip ............
I.E. Visit her dad and a week or so elsewhere .........

But getting 2 jabs each and waiting for what feels like forever for allegedly a safe Green light to go.............
To then find We have to indulge in our favourite pass time of Raping our nostral and poking a cotton bud through the top of our head ..........
As well as gaging on it ... [I hope it's the other end at least] ............

So we can be allowed to go and again do it all a few days before return so we are allowed return into the UK...[Not once then but pay for privilege if possible twice]
... "Silver lining to cloud is it clears out lots of sh** and  opens up the airways for a bit"..............
In a sense I don't mind the precaution but tell us straight from the start of requirement and not missleading info ...........

We felt that we would stay wihin confines of van and steer clear of everyone as best as ........
[As you can imagine we are both classed as but she is definitely the most vulnerable with underlying health issues] ..........
We can't afford the return sailing direct to/from Spain .....
France and Spain are still listed as amber countries......

And now it seems were waiting again {we were hoping for Sept or Oct ... have to wait and see} .........

Although as per norm the UK Government has a plan that's supposed to be OK and allegedly keep us safe {But not assessing European opinion on us}...................
But now great swathes of Europe are likely be refusing us entry [rightly so ... their protecting themself like us allegedly] because of the seriousness the Delta variant and what's happening here........[We have pockets of high infection rate and climbing appears to be problem]

I can see us annually having a covid jab along with the flu jab .............
Or it being allowed to run it's course unchecked ..........

I would really like to get her out to see her dad ..............
None of us are getting any younger [Her dad will be heading into his late 80's now]
But a visit as safely as possible.........

#10 2021-07-02 19:45:56

tee_cee

We crossed to France via Dublin 3 weeks ago. Took the chance since we can't really do what we do for much longer. Mind you it took a ream of paper to prove whatever backstory we were to go with. In the end it was frictionless, but we were prepared to lose £500 if it did not work. And that is the point, all the bs is to stop travel regardless. If you can afford to lose the money, then thats ok. Hopefully it will ease a bit later on.

#11 2021-07-07 11:01:11

vaz2121

Sorry I've just realised that Although I did in my head I didn't fully explain myself even if I thought I did ...............

We can't afford the Direct sailing return to and from Spain which would obviously only involve them and us and although it's a long old drive from Dunkirk or my preference on this route ... Newhaven - Dieppe it does work out considerably much cheaper over all [immediate costs, no idea of wear and tear factor ... only it's not likely to get covered in salt from bay of biscay] ..............
And if we get to enter France have no Idea of French And Spannish protocol or their inter-border demands...{language  barriers, bureaucracy or paperwork and if any checks at Irun on entry or La Jonquera which is most likely our return and things can change at the snap of a finger} ......................................

{Have had argument once or twice about ferries with bike tyres that last a short time milage wise so longer ferry travel can make much more sense also your ready to start Holiday off boat rather than look for a campsite when arriving abroad ...............

I was still green as the hills and learning my trade ... I think
On my first Duch trip I asked if we  sailed to Hook of Holland this was many moons ago with Truck and was told I'm a Driver not a Sailor ... I think best I got was Dover- Zeebugge or Ostende for my Dutch trip} {Funny thing not long after we started sailing Ipswich - Rotterdam but had to be on boat for 7pm in uk although boat didnt sail till 11pm ... IIRC ... we were on board a long time before sailing} ....................

Although it was allways a "Operator license" requirement {We have and did ... The ability to drive to non EU countries} ..... In April/May 1983 I took my subsequent Certificate of Professional Competence for international road haulage operations ......
It involved the understanding and abliity and use of T- forms [Transit forms] carnets etc and to process them........

After 30 odd years of shengen style movements I think I've forgotten more than I learned if we're back again ...........
{Thank F*** I don't really need it any more}

Last edited by vaz2121 (2021-07-07 11:03:10)

#12 2023-04-19 12:16:58

tee_cee

So we are planning a trip to the Western Balkans, and as before we got what seems to be a standard reply

"If you would like a green card issued you would just need to contact us a minimum of 2 weeks prior to your trip with the following information:
Exact leave and return travel dates
List of all countries you would be visiting, including dates"

So rather than argue the points I sent an itinerary that would maybe get us into one of two of the places we wanted to go.
They (AXA) produced a PDF after a week, which the broker sent via email. Well not only does it include all the countries (except Albania and Kosovo) but it is valid from departure date until the end of the policy.
In the end the standard green cars only has a list of countries and a single validity date, so I think the initial request is just to make sure that you actually have a viable plan, to dissuade tyre kickers making requests.

the other thing, that is new, is that in July 2020, green cards can be sent via pdf, and printed by customers.
https://www.cobx.org/article/4134/inter … lack-white

#13 2023-04-21 18:47:13

OAT

Please excuse this off topic rant.  I have just concluded a 6 week battle with ebay after they ripped me off for £140.  If I billed them just for my time wasted, it would be four times the value of the item.  And as for the stress...

tee_cee wrote:

the other thing, that is new, is that in July 2020, green cards can be sent via pdf, and printed by customers.
https://www.cobx.org/article/4134/inter … lack-white

While that may be convenient for some people in some circumstances, but doesn't anyone else resent the increasing hours of unpaid admin we are expected to put in on behalf of the state and corporations?

It's increasingly assumed that everyone has the expensive equipment, the ability to use it effectively, the time, and the inclination, to work hours for free in the interests of both state and corporate,, whose only purpose is to extract as much money as possible from us.

British gas are currently charging me a higher standing charge than the cost of gas I use.  Yet still constantly pestering me to read the meter for them! The government, despite taking my tax for 50 years and now paying my pension, don't believe I exist because I don't have any photo id.  Same with banks, even facebook.

No tech = total exclusion.

#14 2023-04-22 23:29:24

vaz2121

OAT you are so correct in what you are saying about it all  .................
As you may have heard a consultant I saw diagnosed me with a debilitating condition [I found] that turns out to be a dyspraxia to my left side ...................
their take on things was I was dragging my left leg and had balance problems for starters ..................
So even though I have reports from consultants at the hospital and my GP ...................................
The goernment decision maker [and I've been refered to neurology] said there is nothing wrong with me ................................
And So Apparently I can run the four minute mile with you. ....................

#15 2023-04-24 10:33:40

tee_cee

@Vaz if you are referring to DLA, I had a conversation with someone who works for the civil service just yesterday. She recons that they always refuse the first application, and to appeal and ask if they actually have the doctors reports.

@Oat, you are right, the unfortunate thing these days is that for most corporations your time has no value. Complaining assertively and persistently used to get results. Now most of the responses rarely acknowledge the issue at hand. So it can take months to sort out really minor issues.

Board footer