The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-02-10 17:16:16

tee_cee

Green Cards

feck that

"Thank you for contacting us, unfortunately green cards are issued on a trip by trip basis.
If you would like a green card issued you would just need to contact us a minimum of 2 weeks prior to your trip with the following information:
Exact leave and return travel dates
List of all countries you would be visiting
If you will be towing anything
If any named drivers would also be driving the vehicle.
We would then contact our insurer to request the green card and get this issued to you."

#2 2021-02-10 18:56:40

Casper

Re: Green Cards

Dont you know when you will be coming back as for what country's i tend to plan a trip before hand but also have scope to change things a tad depending on weather and the likes. As for list of country's Just add a few close to whatever border you are close to. If you dont go then so be it.

Cant see a problem TBH

#3 2021-02-10 21:56:44

tee_cee

Horses for courses I guess.
We are used to booking the day before
and not coming back until we have had enough. On the road it takes very little for us to completely change our plans. I just know that the insurance companys automatically issue these for the whole year if you are in N Ireland.

#4 2021-02-10 22:20:41

Casper

tee_cee wrote:

Horses for courses I guess.
We are used to booking the day before
and not coming back until we have had enough. On the road it takes very little for us to completely change our plans. I just know that the insurance companys automatically issue these for the whole year if you are in N Ireland.

Tell them you are away for the 90 days. I doubt there is any issue with coming back early. Just looked at my insurance web site and all its saying is phone them two weeks before departure. Not that we are going away this year but its something to look into for sure. There was talk if another card you buy what gives you the right to roam and this was to eliminate the need for green cards. Not just for use but the West also who are not in the EU. Either changed there mind of the Green card is just for a year or two till its sorted out. Who knows

#5 2021-02-11 10:39:37

tee_cee

It's a motorhome policy with 180 days coverage in the EU, so you would have thought that they would be a bit more flexible. I don't think it costs them anything to issue the piece of paper other than the admin. So I think they are only doing this so that they can charge by the day/country/drivers at some stage in the future. Some companies like NFU just write it on the back of the certificate!

#6 2021-02-11 18:04:28

vaz2121

tee_cee wrote:

It's a motorhome policy with 180 days coverage in the EU, so you would have thought that they would be a bit more flexible. I don't think it costs them anything to issue the piece of paper other than the admin. So I think they are only doing this so that they can charge by the day/country/drivers at some stage in the future. Some companies like NFU just write it on the back of the certificate!

My policy is also a Motorhome one and last time I renewed as always made sure it was Fully Comp in EU the same as here as I've had in past admittedly with bike where you make all declarations and in my case at renewal time removed all modifications declared from policy and EU cover was minimum requirement for that country visited needless to say they didn't continue to get my business ...........
Also in times past the further south for instance I traveled in Italy with truck the more expensive my insurance became and had to declare destination on virtually every trip...................
Ireland was once a NO NO but became easier with time.............
On last renewal  {Aug/Sept} for Van on making sure of EU cover level ETC I was reminded that if we were to travel to Spain to visit Partners Father especially In December and although wasn't a requirement to inform the insurance company (I allways did tell them expected duration) that this time it would be a good idea to notify them so they could issue a green card just in case things changed (I assumed it was our plans he was talking about) But as for the majority of us it wasn't neccessary ...............

It could have proven an issue if green card was country/time Based as one one trip on a whim we ended up doing 7 countries in total [5 on way home] over 35/36 days instead of our usual 20/21 days

With insurance [With anything] "Don't assume" make them tell you what's covered...........
As sure as SH** they'll try to wriggle free .............

#7 2021-02-13 10:38:44

tee_cee

Well after getting no further with the broker, today I get green card directly from the insurance company (Ageas) AND it's valid for the whole year!
The letter is dated before I contacted the broker, so it looks like it's automatic.

Board footer