The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-04 19:49:07

woodbine

Removing Scudo Instruments - Bulb Replacement

Next problem. And not for the first time, I'm finding that jobs that seemed easy on cars some years ago are a ball ache on the Scudo.   sad

The mileometer/odometer has suddenly gone blank. I can still just about see the mileage if I shine a torch on it, so I know it's not completely dead. I'm reliably informed there's a bulb behind it that needs replacing. So need to remove instruments.

Seems mostly straightforward, but I'm unsure how to remove the black plastic surround that needs to come off before I can unscrew the instruments. There are two torx screws above the instruments and three more around the vents to the left of the instruments. Apparently there's one more below the dash to release the bottom of the surround. I think this fixing is a trumpet. Which is the best way to reach and unscrew this lower fixing.

Thanks for any help and advice.

Fiat Scudo 2004 (54) 2.0 Jtd SX Dynamic Van

#2 2019-11-04 20:19:23

Tiree
Administrator

Re: Removing Scudo Instruments - Bulb Replacement

Another thread states that the lower screw is above the ignition cowling - not able to take a look at the moment.

Think Casper has had his clocks off a few times [so to speak!] - so he might have some advice ..

2006 Citroen Dispatch 2.0HDi bought in July 2013 - Partial camper conversion ........

DSC_0360-1.jpg

#3 2019-11-04 21:28:37

woodbine

Thanks for your reply Tiree. Will pop the column shroud off. Doesn't look like there much room to get a hand in there to undo things. As the column is adjustable, I suppose dropping it to lowest position may make it easier.

"had his clocks off a few times ".   Ooh Matron!!   smile

#4 2019-11-05 08:37:01

Casper

Not took it apart on this van yet but I do seem to remember a screw going up from under that area. Looks like previous owner of this van did not bother putting it back as I keep loosing my pens.

#5 2019-11-05 12:21:26

kenbw2
Administrator

I don't think I had to mess about under the steering. Just the ones round the shroud, then the three that hold the dash itself in.

2000 Citroen Dispatch 1.9TD XUD9 Camper Conversion
1999 Citroen Dispatch 1.9D DW8 Disassembled Camper Conversion
1996 Peugeot 806 1.9TD XUD9 Spare vehicle
1998 Citroen Synergie 1.9TD XUD9 Snapped timing belt

#6 2019-11-05 13:53:10

tee_cee

Sold my 2002 but here's the instruction I wrote for myself

To remove instrument panel

1) Remove 2 steering column torx screws (same head as the other screws)
2) Remove top cowl only (may not be neccessary) Bottom cowl is clipped at the bottom.
3) Remove right vent
4) Reach through right vent to unscrew plastic trumpet that holds the bottom of instrument panel cowl
5) Remove 3 screws holding in central vents - remove vent
6) Remove 2 screws holding top of panel surround and remove surround.
7) Remove 2 bottom and one top screw of instrument cluster.

286 CAPLESS DASH CAR AUTO BULBS 12V 1.2W

#7 2019-11-18 18:36:42

woodbine

Finally got around to fixing my non functioning odometer/mileometer. It was the bulb behind the odometer that had blown and was no longer back-lighting the LED digits.

The method I used was slightly different from the suggestions above and seemed a bit easier than removing the right hand vent. I was worried I might break it when I levered it out. My method -

Remove the 2 torx screws from s/column cowl and remove upper and lower parts of cowl. Slide off plastic collar from around ignition barrel and let it dangle on the wire attached to it (don't know what this collar is for, maybe communicates with key for security system??) If your column is adjustable, putting it at the highest setting makes things easier to reach the trumpet screw. Use a long torx screwdriver to remove the small plastic trumpet and screw that is above and to the right of the steering column. This secures the bottom of the instruments surround.

Remove the 3 torx screws holding vents to left of instruments and remove vents. Remove 2 torx surround screws from above instruments and remove surround. Remove 3 torx screws holding instrument cluster, and carefully remove cluster by moving it towards you. There is enough slack on the cluster's wires to be able to change the 286 capless bulb without disconnecting.

Hope this helps someone, and thanks to all who took the time to give their help and advice. Job was quite easy - only fiddly bit was getting the spring clip on the bottom column cowl to locate onto the metal bracket under column.

Last edited by woodbine (2019-11-18 18:43:34)

Board footer