The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-22 15:01:55

aflatts

2019 Dispatch 2.0 Blue HdI adblue immobilisation issue

Hi All

I know this is an up to 2016 forum but i am desperate for some advice please.

I added 20ltr of Adblue fluid when warning had come down to 25 miles.

Started engine and the warning was still at 25 miles and Adblue light still flashing.

Thought maybe it took some time to work itself in before sensor picked it up.

Drove 50 miles , immobiliser warning came up. Reached destination and turned off engine.

Vehicle is now immobilised with a full tank of Adblue in it!

Myself, several family members and 2 mechanics have looked for an override or reset option with no joy.

Citroen are a waste of time during the week so forget about them helping today!!!

I have work booked tmw and all over Xmas ,please any help greatly appreciated.

Andrew

#2 2019-12-22 23:25:08

OAT

Re: 2019 Dispatch 2.0 Blue HdI adblue immobilisation issue

What a pain!  "Computer says no."

We are mostly older vans here.   Hoping my pre robot apocalypse oldie sees me out.  wink

I hope someone can help though.

#3 2020-01-23 15:27:20

vaz2121

aflatts wrote:

Hi All

I know this is an up to 2016 forum but i am desperate for some advice please.

I added 20ltr of Adblue fluid when warning had come down to 25 miles.

Started engine and the warning was still at 25 miles and Adblue light still flashing.

Thought maybe it took some time to work itself in before sensor picked it up.

Drove 50 miles , immobiliser warning came up. Reached destination and turned off engine.

Vehicle is now immobilised with a full tank of Adblue in it!

Myself, several family members and 2 mechanics have looked for an override or reset option with no joy.

Citroen are a waste of time during the week so forget about them helping today!!!

I have work booked tmw and all over Xmas ,please any help greatly appreciated.

Andrew

Sorry Apart from being a bit of a Luddite with this I'm very late to the party............
I've come across some thing very similar tail end last summer...........
But in a late model Sprinter...........
It seems that there is a "Fail Safe" built in to these vehicles where it doesn't allow you to start/drive these vehicles without Adblue registering and possibly damaging (DPF) the emissions system.......
What fail safe does the fail safe have ?...............
I think your meant to get the vehicle to the "Dealers" for repair by suspended tow... on a trailer So long as its not under it's own power......... or before your mileage count down runs out............

Sorry Very unhelpful in this case ..........

I've used this vehicle in an example many times  now..............{it was about 3 or 4yrs old at this time} (Was it built at 16.55 on Friday 13th ?)
A Mercedes Benz Artic that I owned with an early version of EPS........
which basicly means "Manual Gear box Electronic Power Shift"............

My Gear indicator was all over the place......
But I'ts in gear and with trouble eventually selects an appropriate (allegedly) gear...........

Until I get stuck at road works Traffic lights ...........
No gears No select Nothing happening ..........

So call out cavalry for rescue.........
From Dealership I was trying to get to...............

Cut a Long story short and after many frustrating hours and a few choice words about sensors, test Computers and No gear linkage per say.........
Eventually the next afternoon {Sheer luck on their part finding fault and I've given up a paying load} it was working again.....

At the end of the month and as per my account
I was presented with an Allegedlly  reduced bill..........

Listed as.............
Call out and 20 miles suspended Tow ............ "waived"
14 hours Labour..........
Pack of cable ties.................
Roll of electric insulation tape....

The wiring had been chafing on a  hard grommet where it passed  through a chassis rail........
Although not fully rubbed through it was enough to allow eletrical (alternator) impulses to jump through to EPS circuit and send it haywire..............

This was a "1988" Truck..........
So technological problems.... not a new thing

"In this Modern day and age ....... How does this happen?"
(To be fair I had it till it was 6 yrs old it never happened again and It had about a million kms on it when it went to a new life in Africa.. But that another story)

#4 2021-09-25 10:18:47

Jeffers

`Hello, sorry I am a bit late for the party on this as well but it may help someone in the future.....
My '67 plate euro 6 dispatch has adblue. The first time the adblue light came on and the dash told me I have 1300 miles before immobilisation I left it a hundred miles before topping up with 4 litres. As far as I remember the light went out straight away and everything back to normal.
The next time the light came on I left it for 400 miles (Down to 900 before immob) before putting 4 litres in. The light stayed on... so put another couple of litres in, light stayed on.
I then put all of the 10L of the bottle of adblue in and the light stayed on.
I took it to a friend who is a mechanic and he put his OBD reader on it and it showed no fault. Getting a bit panicky about having to book it in to a garage and looking at the costs of a new adblue tank at £750 was worrying when on a trip to town having done another 100 miles since filling, the light went out!

I think the moral of the story is, when the adblue top up warning comes on, fill it as soon as possible. The tank holds 22L so bang 10L in, don't panic if the light doesn't go out straight away.
If you leave it until you have 50 miles left before filling it, it may immobilise itself even though there is plenty of adblue in it!

I am going to try to put a splash in every month to keep on top of things, I did see that the mechanics OBD appeared to have an adblue tank level indicator so this can help if you have one?

Board footer