The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#26 2020-06-28 18:05:54

kenbw2

Re: Speeding

lincolnexpert wrote:

Hi Ken, yes definitely better being sat at home with a Coffee rather than in a class room with a load of other offenders. And I will be able to make hand gestures out of sight of my webcam. Tell you what though my eyes are fixed on my speedo these days. Where I live is mostly Single carriageways and it doesn't half p**s everyone off when you stick to 50. I've had 2 Cars over take me dangerously onto oncoming traffic who might well not have done If I'd been doing 60mph. I really think It's a daft law for anything Below 7.5t size, Oh well.

You're beating yourself up a lot over this. Shit happens! I've ended up driving like a nun these days too. It's hard, because it's *so* easy to just go 60mph on singles isn't it. I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone who always sticks to the speed limits religiously.

I guess the fines and points achieve their goal if it's making us mindful of speed limits  neutral

2000 Citroen Dispatch 1.9TD XUD9 Camper Conversion + full time home
1999 Citroen Dispatch 1.9D DW8 Disassembled Camper Conversion
1996 Peugeot 806 1.9TD XUD9 Spare vehicle
1998 Citroen Synergie 1.9TD XUD9 Snapped timing belt

#27 2020-06-28 18:57:25

lincolnexpert

You're right Ken. It's not the end of the world & It's definitely had the desired effect on me. Thanks mate.

#28 2020-06-30 23:35:33

AB_70

lincolnexpert wrote:

Hi AB,  daft isn't it. The Government must make a fortune out of Van drivers. So many people drive Vans as a personal choice and not for trades these days. Should be classed differently if it's just for personal use I reckon.
Glad It's been of some use smile   here's link if you want a sticker instead of printing it out   https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAN-SPEED-LI … SwXitb69AG

Cheers Lincoln, much appreciated.

And you’re so right. I bought my Dispatch to throw the mountain bikes in, not for trade use at all.

We can lobby our local MPs, but I doubt it would do any good!  smile

Board footer