The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-01-26 13:29:27

vaz2121

Who would have thought it

Who would have thought it..........
Not wishing to stir up any political or religious fever or massive debate/arguments
1044067_10151952637169296_340330749_n.jpg
[Sorry couldn't help myself]

Here we are another year and a Brexit later.......
https://dispatchexpertscudo.org.uk/foru … hp?id=1022
With stricter Lockdown than Originally [possibly harder to follow] and a more Leathal strain I hear  also............

So how Long now........
Are we saving lives or  attempting to prop up the economy.......

We seem to have plenty scare-moungers/experts..........
And administrations good at inventing new [ineffective] rules and regs..............

And when things do ease up either a long wait at Dover or a choice of other more expensive sailings from elsewhere and other restrictions even when we get over...........
I believe motorhome sales have gone through roof (That means one of two things values wise for us long term owners)

It dosn't really matter what your take/position on Brexit is/was............
My Own personal feeling is why come out of one union to go into another..................

But Nobody in Europe is happy with the deal ............
And we are needing it looks like Boris and his team to convince us how great it is...............
(Apart from Boris ...Who is Happy with it ?)

Yet investment that was coming here is going to France/Europe.........
So Brexit doesn't get us £350m per week for the NHS, and a block of British cheese exported to France has gone from £20 to £200..........

Lockdown has allowed our focus to be elsewhere
And Corona has accelerated the demise of quite a few things as well as people..............

Of which you can't blame them if folk been stifled for months on end .............
Look at Horses released in the field after a winter inside ..............
Jumping about, Bucking and Far***............
What do we expect we're just animals after all............

The last time I mentiond Corona I thought then it was an evocative subject..........

One last thing ....Maybe two....................
Common sense............ If my safety is dependant on some elses Common sense......... That's Scary
And why was it quietly reported that Boris's Dad on the Last day of 2020 Became a French Citizen? ................

#2 2021-01-26 14:43:53

tee_cee

Re: Who would have thought it

HMRC has introduced a handy online advance customs declaration and payment system https://www.gov.uk/duty-free-goods/declaring-goods
So I usually avail myself of €400 of low quality Chilean Merlot boxes on the way through Calais. The helpful calculator now tells me that I need to pay HMRC £700 extra for the privilege.

I know it's early days, but I see that the government has had to backtrack on one of the parts of the NI protocol that meant that VAT margin rates would not apply to NI ie where 2nd hand items are bought and sold, the VAT is only due on the profit, and not the whole sale price. So from 1st Jan any cars brought in from the mainland, and resold in NI, would have to charge vat on the whole value of the car. Needless to say some people were not to happy, and after a bit of lobbying Gove indicated that the lower rate would still apply. So I wonder what Brussels will think of this.

Last edited by tee_cee (2021-01-26 14:44:22)

#3 2021-01-26 19:13:33

Casper

I was on the understanding duty free what you can bring over still stands as long as you pay the tax in that country. Even buying Booz and Tobacco in Luxembourg is got to be better than UK prices.

#4 2021-01-26 19:23:41

OAT

vaz2121 wrote:

And we are needing it looks like Boris and his team to convince us how great it is...............

The fish.

#5 2021-01-26 21:25:18

tee_cee

Casper wrote:

I was on the understanding duty free what you can bring over still stands as long as you pay the tax in that country. Even buying Booz and Tobacco in Luxembourg is got to be better than UK prices.

Back to duty free allowances unfortunately.

Last edited by tee_cee (2021-01-26 21:25:48)

#6 2021-01-26 21:47:05

Casper

tee_cee wrote:
Casper wrote:

Just seen 1000kg of tobacco what is fine. The is 20 50g pouched. I quid smoking but ill get 1000kg also and that is enough for the wife for almost the year as she vapes more than smokes now. Never bring Booz back so no great drama however. I have noticed that the last three years that we have been allowed to travel i have took the dog. Customs never let there dog in out van for a sniff. Wonder if it does something to there ability to sniff out for a while and when they send someone in for a search they only look in large storage areas for illegal immigrants being stored. Ill stick to the rules first year when we are allowed back then after that i think ill be chancing my luck.

#7 2021-01-27 09:08:33

tee_cee

Casper wrote:
tee_cee wrote:
Casper wrote:

Just seen 1000kg of tobacco what is fine. The is 20 50g pouched. I quid smoking but ill get 1000kg also and that is enough for the wife for almost the year as she vapes more than smokes now. Never bring Booz back so no great drama however. I have noticed that the last three years that we have been allowed to travel i have took the dog. Customs never let there dog in out van for a sniff. Wonder if it does something to there ability to sniff out for a while and when they send someone in for a search they only look in large storage areas for illegal immigrants being stored. Ill stick to the rules first year when we are allowed back then after that i think ill be chancing my luck.

Sorry 1000g was the pre Brexit allowance.
It's now 250g. So you will have to give hmrc an extra £350 if you want to bring in 1000g. This is a shining example of the government taking back control. They also have the cheek to say the allowances have been increased - based rates for non EU imports.

#8 2021-01-27 10:00:19

Casper

That is outside the EU. OK its the Sun so probably made up big_smile Ill have a look at .gov later tonight for a better source.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/5676233 … ny-abroad/

#9 2021-01-27 19:46:32

Casper

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/duty … nuary-2021  sad

Looks like the sun was telling porkies. So was the BBC web site at the start of the year also. That will costs jobs i would think in Euroland and even on the boats. A lot of the French Belgian crossings were booze cruise. I see a lot of Cash N Carry's over there shutting down. I see the one i use in Luxembourg must already be making cut backs as they have done away with its web site. Before covid when i was last there they stopped selling UK golden Virginia due to tax.

#10 2021-01-27 20:37:55

tee_cee

To quote

"British passengers travelling to EU countries will be able to take advantage of duty-free shopping from January 2021"

ffs

#11 2021-01-28 03:41:45

vaz2121

OAT wrote:
vaz2121 wrote:

The fish.

That Tickled me ................

That their happy that their free of the EU and are British fish ! ..............

It's so typical Please all of the people all of the time..................
and please nobody in the end............

Hence it doesn't matter what take/or vote you have or gave..............
you get nothing for nothing........
And Nobody got anything they wanted or told would be the case............

Except those that got a vote and a job, wage and an expense account for the usual false promise..............

And false promise on a pandemic Lockdown also.............

I have  U.S. relitives  "That Booked  a vacation down in Florida and to see their brother who now lives in Orlando area..Because TRUMP  said Covid will be over done and dusted by April 2020!!" .........{Fake News}

Nearly a year ago, are we sure that any jabs we get are not going to end up like the Flu jab...........
Or that our Grandkids are going to be dealing with it still ...........When they grow up

#12 2021-01-28 03:43:46

vaz2121

tee_cee wrote:

To quote

"British passengers travelling to EU countries will be able to take advantage of duty-free shopping from January 2021"

ffs

Reads like PropaGanda Doesn't it

#13 2021-01-28 11:55:36

tee_cee

vaz2121 wrote:
tee_cee wrote:

To quote

ffs

Reads like PropaGanda Doesn't it

Well the whole process was a stitch up.

The government decided to ignore the de-facto (minimum) EU limits that have been in place 28 years, and base their consultation on the allowances that were in place for the rest of the world. So the "new" limits (for alcohol only) are considered a "generous increase". This decision was based on the "consultation" which took views from 75 "stakeholders", 32 failed to reply, and 21 (28% of those asked) had suggested that the same rates be used

Looking at wine the limit was 4 litres and will be increased to 18 litres - which is 20% of the old EU limit.
I'd love to know which airline will allow you bring 24 bottles of wine on board.

#14 2021-01-28 14:31:43

vaz2121

God forbid I create anymore turmoil than I aready have.............

However and this is not to defend anything/one/ or myself for that matter .................

But I'm Confused................

Theresa May has Questioned/clashed,    With Boris's Standing in Parliament............                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
He was criticised Greatly or otherwise by Ken Clark  who was sacked for voicing his opinion........
A previous Prime Minister {John Major .... Mr Grey Man} voicing to the british public to vote tactically and keep Boris out of a seat of power........
This doesn't equate to me amoug other things, But against towing the party line........

And the Labour party trying to out tory the torries.............
I always though that they had a lefty for leader as their vote winner ........................

But Then I Grew up with Harold Wilson and Ted heath slogging it out and was a lot to take in when Callahan came along and changes were a foot.............
Much Simpler time then....................

And time for me to shut up

Last edited by vaz2121 (2021-01-28 14:34:44)

Board footer