The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-04-05 22:39:42

Stu-D
Website

How often for temp sender faults?

The whole while I've had my dispatch the temp gauge has never went past 70 driving, but if I let it idle it will get up to half way...anyway its been about a year since I changed the senor in the expansion tank and the one down near the fuel filter, tonight I found when out for a run that the gauge decided to run all the way up to maximum heat and I was given the stop sign on the dash... as soon as I turned the heater up the gauge dropped, but then continued to fluctuate from cold to fully hot all the way home.

On getting home I find its runnning the cooling fan (I'd only done 7 miles) Radiator not hot to the touch, top hose warm, bottom house cold-ish (Always been like that even with a new thermostat), pop top off coolant bottle and the level looks OK - Could this be the sender at the diesel pump and/or the level indicator in the bottle/expansion tank? I'd have had expected to get more than a year and 3k miles out them, hence my asking.

Thanks,
-Stu.

Last edited by Stu-D (2021-04-05 22:41:11)

Board footer